1. What are the advantages of the Synthetic Wigs compared to human hair wigs?
- Synthetic wigs are cheaper than human hair wigs, so you can afford to change your style more often, or when you get tried of your current look.
- Synthetic wigs are easier to style than human hair wigs. Human hair wigs require a great deal of care and must be washed more often. Thus, human hair wigs generally require more maintenance than synthetic wigs.
- Synthetic wigs come pre-styled and pre-cut and will hold their shape even after being washed. Therefore, much easier for the average consumer. Human hair wigs usually require trimming and styling by a hair stylist before they can be worn.
- The fiber used as "memory" for wave, curl and volume which lets hair bounce back into place with minimal effort - the curl pattern is permanently set.
- It can even hold up in bad weather and can guarantee no dropping or frizzing.
- Smooth hand feeling as well as human hair.
2. How do I style my Synthetic Wigs?
- Your wig can be styled by using a wig brush, a wig comb, or your fingertips. Avoid using a brush designed for human hair. These brushes can create excessive tension, and over-stretching the synthetic fibers with abrasive strokes may damage the wig.
- The synthetic wigs we carry are shake and wear, and the wig can be styled by simply using a wide tooth comb or your fingertips. The best styling tools are the most inexpensive, a spray clean bottle, cool water lightly spritzes your wig with water to remove static electricity and return your wig to its original look
3. How to care for Synthetic Wigs?
- It's easy to get carried away with your new wig by over styling and over washing, so read our guide for caring for your synthetic lace front wig (or SFLW for short) to ensure the longevity of your wig and maintain its style.
- The synthetic lace wigs from TCPG are made from heat resistant fibres which can withstand temperatures up to 180 degrees Celsius (400F). This is great for straightening curly/kinky synthetic lace wigs or curling Yaki/straight synthetic lace wigs
4. Heat Styling
- To do this in the safest way for the wig is to only use low heat settings and only heat style infrequently.
- Heating with high temperatures or too frequently will shorten the lifespan of the wig and may damage the fibres.
- If you find yourself inclined to get the tongs or straighteners out on a daily basis then perhaps it's worth buying two wigs of different textures (similar length and colouring) that you can wear interchangeably.
5. Controlling Frizz
- Curly wigs may become frizzy so invest in a wig spray to smooth it out. If the hair becomes frizzy (this can happen to curly wigs and non curly wigs) try soaking the wig in water mixed with fabric softener for about 30 minutes. Shampoo/Condition and air dry - never blow dry your synthetic lace wig.
- Using a wide tooth comb on your wig is the best way of preserving it. Brushes are only advisable on the straight variety of wigs, - straight, silky straight and Yaki.
- Washing your wig every 10th time of wearing is fine. If you wear your synthetic wig or synthetic lace wig for days at time then every couple of weeks is ideal (of course if you spend time in environments with strong smells, then wash your wig more frequently)
- You can use an ordinary hair shampoo or a wig shampoo.
- Before you wash your wig, gently comb your wig by hand. Do not use a comb.
- You can add a tablespoon of shampoo in a sink or a big bowl. Fill it with warm water as needed. Gently swish the wig around until you have some lather.
- Gently rinse off the lather in the direction of the hair and curl.
- To dry off gently press a towel against the hairs to remove the majority of the water off. Do not try to twist or rub dry.
- Place on wig stand and allow to air dry. Do not place in direct sunlight to dry.
- After it is dry try to use the detangle spray to separate any hairs that might have gotten tangled.
7. Lengths and Styles
8. Shipping and Delivery Times
- Processing Time + Shipping Time = 10 to 14 Days in total for Delivery Time.